Calories in Homemade Curry with rice
|Total Fat||8.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
Nog 8 rijen
- 1 Can I eat chicken curry while dieting?
- 2 What Indian food should I eat to lose weight?
- 3 How many calories are in a typical Indian meal?
- 4 How many calories are in a big bowl of curry?
Is homemade Chicken Curry high in calories?
Foods related to chicken curry –
|Source||USDA Food and nutrient database|
|Category||Poultry mixed dishes|
How many calories are in a portion of homemade Chicken Curry?
Nutritional Summary: –
|Cals 219||Fat 11.81g||Carbs 8.39g||Prot 20.3g|
Can I eat chicken curry while dieting?
How To Lose Weight Eating Chicken: 3 Chicken Recipes For Healthy Weight Loss How To Lose Weight Eating Chicken: 3 Chicken Recipes For Healthy Weight Loss If you are a non-vegetarian and finding it hard to give up chicken to lose those extra pounds, then fret not, as here is a reason why you should include chicken to your diet to lose weight. It is safer to include chicken in your weight loss diet as it is a lean meat and doesn’t put you at risk of high cholesterol.
- You can also do away with all the creamy curries and rich sauces, and prepare it in a healthy way with a mix of spices and fresh herbs.
- Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner, Shilpa Arora, explains, “Chicken is full of lean protein that helps you keep full for a longer time, because protein helps the body burn fat more effectively.
It is important to have local farm-raised chicken (or organically-raised chicken). You can grill it, stir-fry it or add it in stews to reap maximum benefits. Simply avoid fried chicken or chilli chicken prepared in restaurants, as they are loaded with calories.
Better still, have homemade chicken tikka, tandoori or roasted chicken, chicken soup or chicken salad for best benefits.” We have got some interesting ideas to prepare delicious yet healthy chicken for weight loss. Take a note: 1. Malwani Chicken Sukka Recipe Here is an authentic Malwani chicken sukka recipe (hails from Maharashtra and Goa), wherein chicken is cooked in a dense masala-paste and has a coconut-y flavour.
The Malwani masala is quite unique and distinct in flavour. This easy chicken recipe is not only irresistibly delicious but also quite healthy as it is made with just two tablespoons of oil. (Also Read: ) Chicken for weight loss: Malwani chicken sukka recipe is irresistibly delicious and is made with just two tablespoons of oil. Things You Need: For Chicken:
- Half kg boneless chicken
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 coconut, grated
For Malwani Masala:
- 12 red chillies
- 2 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp shahi jeera seeds
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 2-3 black cardamoms
- 1/2 cup dry coconut, grated
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (khus khus)
- Grind all the Malwani masala ingredients and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and roast the grated coconut and whole red chillies. Grind this roasted mixture with garlic paste, cumin seeds, roasted coriander seeds and water.
- Now, add chopped coriander, Malwani masala and a little more water to it. Grind it again into a coarse masala paste.
- For chicken, heat the oil in a pan, add ginger and garlic paste, chopped onions and cook for a while.
- When the onions turn light brown in colour, add turmeric, salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Now, add the chicken to the pan, mix it well and then add the masala paste.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or till the chicken is done and well coated in the masala.
- Serve hot. Garnish it with sliced onion and lemon wedges on the side with half a lemon squeezed over.
2. Low-Fat Dahi Chicken Recipe It is a low-fat Indian chicken curry recipe with curd (dahi) as its base. This dish is high on protein, and low on carbohydrates., or dahi, is loaded with several essential nutrients like calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium. Chicken for weight loss: Low-fat dahi chicken recipe is a low-fat Indian chicken curry recipe with curd (dahi) as its base. Things You Need:
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken
- 2 1/2 cups dahi/yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 slit green chillies
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Salt (as per taste)
- Start with mixing dahi/yogurt with cumin powder, garlic paste, garam masala, haldi and red chilli powder. Mix with hands.
- Put chicken into the mixture and add slit green chillies. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now, take a pan and heat 2 tsp oil and add onions. Cook till light brown and soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute and add all the chicken and marinade.
- Keep cooking till the gravy reaches the consistency you like. If you prefer it dry, then cook it a little bit more till yogurt curdles around chicken. Add salt as per your taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy. You can pair it with brown rice or with multi-grain roti/naan.
3. Low-Fat Chicken Shawarma Recipe This recipe is for all the shawarma lovers out there. For this recipe, make use of pita bread to make a low-fat chicken shawarma with lettuce. Stuffed with pan-fried chicken, tomatoes, onions, chillies and a yogurt-based sauce; this chicken recipe is a perfect side dish for your weight loss lunch/dinner menu. (Also Read: ) Chicken for weight loss: This low-fat chicken shawarma recipe is a perfect side dish for your weight loss lunch/dinner menu. Things You Need: For the shawarma:
- 600 gm thinly sliced chicken
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper powder, a pinch
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp oil of your choice
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and serve with chicken and pita bread/lettuce.
- Marinate chicken slices in all the ingredients.
- Keep in marinade for at least 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Now, take a pan and fry chicken till dry. Take pita bread and spread some sauce over it. Place tomato, sliced onion, green chillies, parsley and chicken over the bread and make a firm roll.
Adding chicken to your weight loss diet may help you build lean muscle mass, which is vital for keeping your metabolism strong and healthy. Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion.
How many calories are in a big bowl of curry?
Healthy Easy Chicken Curry | Calories | Macros | Homemade Dhaba | Bachelor | Recipe
Nutrition summary: –
|Calories 479||Fat 28.41g||Carbs 22.32g||Protein 33.55g|
How many calories are in meat and potato curry?
Nutritional Summary: There are 633 calories in 1 serving of Beef and Potato Curry.
How many calories are in a plate of rice and meat curry?
Foods related to beef curry with rice –
|Source||USDA Food and nutrient database|
|Category||Meat mixed dishes|
What Indian food should I eat to lose weight?
20 weight loss foods in every Indian kitchen When it comes to weight loss, people either think of not eating at all or eating fancy foods and seeds that are touted as superfoods. But this is not really needed. can happen even with simple foods that are available in your kitchen.
You will be surprised to know there is a never-ending list of foods that can aid weight loss and are found in every Indian kitchen. During weight loss, we need to create a calorie deficit, which means more calories should be burnt than the calories consumed. All the calories do not work the same way once they are eaten.
Here we bring to you a list of foods whose calories will definitely aid your weight loss programme and these are surely available at your home and will help you lose weight if consumed in a proper manner. Let’s have a look. Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 1Moong daal Moong daal is one the healthiest daals found in Indian household.
Moong daal is not only easy to digest but is also rich in nutrients including Vitamin A, C, B, E, potassium, calcium and iron. This daal also helps to curb hunger by making you feel fuller for longer due to being rich in protein and fibre. It feels light in the stomach and is easy to digest thus is given to people when they have an upset stomach.
But due to the benefits that it provides, you should consider consuming this daal as a part of your everyday meal. Moong daal can be consumed as simple daal, it can also be used for making soup by mixing spinach with it and you can also have it in the form of sprouts by soaking them overnight and mixing it with veggies, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.100 grams moong daal = 347 calories
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 2Walnuts
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 3
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 4
- Bitter gourd (Karela)
Walnuts are good for brain health and contain neuroprotective compounds. Walnuts are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, folate, omega 3 fatty acid, manganese, copper and protein. Walnuts rank the topmost among all the other nuts in terms of goodness. Walnuts also protect you against due to the antioxidant called ellagic present in them.
- This antioxidant helps to avoid inflammation that can cause insulin resistance.
- Again, the protein and fibre present in walnuts helps to keep you fuller for longer and thus stops you from bingeing making them a good weight loss snack.10 grams walnuts = 65.4 calories We all have been told since our childhood how important it is to eat green vegetables.
This green leafy vegetable is low in calories and rich in nutrients. It contains Vitamin K, Vitamin A, folate, iron, calcium, Vitamin C, fiber, calcium, protein and zinc. And you will be surprised to know that 1 cup of this nutrient-dense leaves contain only 10 calories.
The fiber in it helps to keep the digestive tract on track and helps to fight constipation. You can consume spinach in many ways – Add it to salad – Put it in soup – Make spinach soup – Put in any daal 100 grams spinach = 23 calories Nutritional Value per 100 grams of spinach Calories: 26 (kcal) Proteins: 2 grams Carbohydrates: 2.9 grams Fat: 0.7 grams Iron: 1.14 milligrams As the name suggests, usually people don’t like this bitter tasting vegetable.
But if prepared in the right way, bitter gourd does not taste bitter. Trick: You can peel the karela and cover it in salt. Leave it for 2 hours and then wash the salt. Karelas won’t be bitter anymore. Karela is rich in many nutrients including vitamins, phosphorous, zinc, folate, magnesium, manganese and potassium. Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 5 Beetroot Like black coffee, beetroot juice boosts your stamina and lets you workout for longer if consumed before the workout session. Beetroot is also one of those foods that are low in calories and rich in nutrients.
Beetroot helps to detoxify the blood and adds more minerals and nutrients to it. The edible leaves of this vegetable can be added to salad and while making beetroot juice. Beetroot juice recipe: Ingredient – 2 medium sized beetroot – 2 carrots – 2 oranges – 1 lemon – Pinch of salt Peel all the fruits and veggies and chop them.
Put all of them in a blender and blend it for 1 minute. You can strain it or if you want to consume the goodness of fiber do not strain it. Remember to have it fresh.100 grams of beetroot = 43 calories
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 6Almonds
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 7
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 8Black beans
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 9
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 10
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 11
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 12
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 13
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 14
Almonds help to keep the blood sugar level in check. High blood sugar level leads to more hunger and still no gain in energy levels and thus making you fat. Almonds are rich in omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9, all of which are helpful in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Studies have shown that almonds are a great stimulant and thus help to reduce weight. It is rich in fiber and other nutrients like magnesium, Vitamin E and antioxidants which helps to maintain the blood flow and thus let muscles contract easily. All these above-mentioned benefits make almonds one of the best weight loss snacks.10 grams almonds = 57 calories An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away but also helps you to lose weight.
The richness of fiber in apple helps to keep you fuller for longer. A medium sized apple contains 4 grams of fiber, which is 16 per cent of daily recommended fiber for women and 11 per cent of what men need. This fiber also improves your digestion and feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut which helps to improve the metabolism and lose weight.100 grams apple = 52 calories The high fiber and protein content in black beans make them a great food for weight loss.
- Black beans also called as turtle beans due to their black hard shell are rich in many vitamins and minerals.
- It is rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber which makes them good for our cardiovascular system.
- Apart from aiding weight loss black beans also help in maintaining bone health, lowering the blood pressure, lowering blood sugar levels and maintaining healthy digestion.100 grams black beans = 339 calories Cauliflower has abundant of nutrients including Vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, protein, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, manganese and potassium.
The high fiber content in cauliflower helps to keep the weight loss programme in check by stopping you from bingeing. Cauliflower can be a part of your salad or cooked as a normal Indian veggie.100 grams of cauliflower = 25 calories Cinnamon helps to keep the blood sugar level in check and also helps to prevent us from cardiovascular disease.
You can use this spice while preparing your dal or vegetable. The powdered form of cinnamon is also used while baking cakes and while making tea. Just having half teaspoon of cinnamon every day can help control the post-meal spike in insulin. This insulin spike stores fat in your body rather than burning it.
How is cinnamon helpful in weight loss: https://goo.gl/45JUVb 100 grams cinnamon = 247 calories Considered as an antiseptic, turmeric is the hot favourite spice among Indians. The presence of curcumin in turmeric keeps the fatty tissue at a minimum. Turmeric is also known to have cancer-fighting properties.
- Apart from weight loss, it is also good for soothing stomach problems like indigestion and inflammation.
- Including turmeric in your daily diet will not only help you to lose weight but will also help you to keep many common diseases at bay.100 grams turmeric = 354 calories Like all the above-mentioned foods radish is also rich in fiber.
One cup of radish contains 3 grams of fiber which is approximately 12 per cent of what is needed on a daily basis. As fiber takes time to break, it keeps you fuller for longer and stops you from unwanted cravings. It can be a part of salads, juices, soups and cooked vegetables.100 grams radish = 15 calories Garlic is wonder food which is helpful in fighting against high blood sugar levels, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Garlic is good for weight loss as it is an appetite controller.
- The benefits do not end here, it also protects us against cardiovascular problems, diabetes, blood pressure and respiratory issues.
- It keeps many kinds of infections at bay and is also considered as a cancer-fighting food item.
- Having two cloves of garlic early in the morning is said to keep sugar level and blood pressure in control.100 grams of garlic = 149 calories Lentils are high in fiber and protein, both of which helps to keep the blood sugar level in check.
Raised blood sugar can lead to overeating and thus excess weight. Lentils are also said to remove belly fat. A staple in our Indian diet lentils are very easy to cook and taste delicious with rice. Lentils are also rich in iron and Vitamin. Lentil is rich in protein and helps to lower sugar levels, blood pressure and keeps cardiovascular diseases at bay. Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 15 Bananas It’s a myth among most of the people that bananas are fattening. But that is untrue. Bananas are not fattening, in fact due to their high fiber content bananas help in weight loss. That is why bananas also make a great snack for pre and post workout session.
Bananas are low in fat and have low glycemic index (do not raise the blood sugar levels instantly). Bananas are also rich in antioxidants and are powerhouse of energy. That is why they are loved by athletes. Bananas can be paired up with milk, almond, egg and oats to make a healthy snack or breakfast. Bananas have healthy carbs and natural sugar which is not harmful rather helpful for our body.
Bananas are also easy to digest and thus is given to sick people or people suffering from diarrhoea. But over indulgence is always bad. You can consume banana as part of everyday balanced diet, even if you are on a weight loss programme. The benefits do not end here.
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 16
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 17Olive oil
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 18Cabbage
- Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 19
- Egg white
- 1 egg = 78 calories
Surprised? Must be. Tomatoes being rich in Vitamin C, release a hormone after they are consumed. These hormones help to keep to fuller for longer. Tomatoes are low in calories and make a great food for weight watchers. Tomato helps to maintain the blood sugar levels, reduces cholesterol, boosts energy and acts as a detoxifier.
Tomato pulp is said to cause problem of stones in kidney and bladder, thus should be avoided. Tomatoes should not be mixed with rice and potato as this combination may cause acidity. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and reduce the risk of cancer.100 grams tomatoes = 18 calories Olive oil keeps you fuller for longer by making you feel satiated due to the presence of healthy fat in them.
Olive oil decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes by keeping the blood sugar levels in check. Olive oil has antioxidant polyphenol which helps to reduce the inflammation and improve the overall health of a being. Olive oil also fights the free radical which can harm our body.
Olive oil is rich in monosaturated fats, antioxidants has anti-inflammatory properties, fights against cardiovascular diseases, fights Alzheimer’s disease, has anti-cancer properties, treats rheumatoid arthritis and aids weight loss.100 grams olive oil = 884 calories Cabbage again is very low in calories and high in fiber.
Both of which make it a friendly weight loss food. Also, known as patta gobhi in hindi, cabbage should be washed thoroughly, in fact, it should be boiled before you consume it. Cabbage has many health benefits like it helps to purify the blood, good for stomach during constipation.
It fights ageing, stomach problems and Alzheimer’s disease. Cabbage not only helps you to lose weight but also helps to improve your skin, due to the presence of Vitamin C in it. Cabbage can be used in salads and soups. So apart from looking a beautiful green ball cabbage also has a lot of health benefits.100 grams cabbage = 25 calories Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrients.
Cheap and available all the time of the year eggs are a rich source of protein. Losing weight requires a high protein diet. Both the yolk and egg white have their own benefits. Let’s have a look at both of them. A 100-gram serving of egg white contains a total of 53 calories 0.6 gram of carbohydrates, 12 grams of protein and 0.2 gram of fat.
Eating egg white rather than whole eggs is more beneficial as it has less number of calories and fat. Egg yolk is the healthiest as it contains omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamins and antioxidants. And just to clear the confusion egg yolk is not associated with high cholesterol level. Eggs if consumed during breakfast can limit your calorie intake throughout the day and thus help you to stick to your diet plan and not binge.
Common weight loss food in every Indian kitchen 20 Coffee Black coffee is proven to increase your energy levels if taken before a workout session. Caffeine increases the activity of your nervous system. If you are on a weight loss programme you should consume black coffee as it does not have any calories.
Is curry a laxative?
Curry is known as a powerful natural laxative and this effect can be explained by a compound called capsaicin, which is also found in chili that helps to speed up digestion and moving food more quickly through the digestive tract.
What is the most unhealthy curry?
Main courses: – It’s a big thumbs up to vegetable biryani, which even counts as one of your five a day. No need for extra rice, it has around 500 calories without the curry sauce which you should add sparingly to keep the damage to a minimum. If you avoided lamb as a starter, here’s your chance to indulge.
Lamb rogan josh is the leanest lamb curry on the menu at about 600 calories – less if you spoon off the red oil on top. The tomatoes provide lycopene, which helps protect against various cancers. Chicken korma is a big no-no if you’re trying to eat healthy. Cream and coconut do the damage here – expect 800-900 calories per serving even before you add rice, plus your daily limit of saturated fat.
Pasanda and tikka masala don’t score too well either. Sorry.
How many calories are in a typical Indian meal?
Estimated calories in an Indian vegetarian thali – For the purpose of calculation, we included the following food items in the thali:
Chapatti/paratha: 1 chapatti, medium-sized, made of whole wheat flour will add up to about 80 calories. However, 1 paratha, medium-sized, made of whole wheat flour will add up to about 130 calories. Rice: 1 cup of cooked rice can contain about 206 calories. Dry vegetable dish: 1 cup of dry vegetable dish (potato, cabbage, or ladyfinger) contains about 150 calories. Dal: 1 cup of dal, moong or arhar contains about 105 calories. Curd: About 100 grams of curd contains at least 95 calories. Sweet dish: A sweet dish such as gulab jamun or jalebi can contain up to 150 calories.
Therefore, an approximate measure of the number of calories present in an average Indian vegetarian thali may come to around 900 calories.
How many calories are in a big bowl of curry?
Nutrition summary: –
|Calories 479||Fat 28.41g||Carbs 22.32g||Protein 33.55g|
How many calories are in a pub curry?
|Calories 301||(1259 kJ)|