PURE FOOD ESSENTIALS FAQ’s
Where do Pure Food Essentials products come from?
- Pure Food Essentials spices are grown in the mountainous regions of Northern India by local hill tribe farmers. They are processed locally by a collective. Most spices are ordered once a year whilst they are still growing in the fields and delivered approximately 12 months later after harvest and processing.
- The Gluten Free flours, rice, seeds and sugar are grown in the Punjab region and the farms are governed by the Indian Government Agricultural Department.
- We travel regularly to India to visit trade fairs and the farming regions to keep abreast of current agricultural practices and new products.
What is the best way to store spices?
- Pure Food Essentials products are delivered to you in recyclable, PBA free, plastic zip bags which are ideal for storing.
- Glass containers are another ideal way to store spices, flours and seeds.
- For all products it is best to keep them in cool, dark, dry conditions such as a pantry. If you like to be able to see all the wonderful colours of your spices in a spice rack in your kitchen make sure you keep them out of direct sunlight and away from the heat of the stove.
- Indian spice drawers are another attractive way to store spices, however we recommend that you keep your spices in good quality plastic or glass containers inside the drawers to maintain their freshness and flavor.
Are PFE products organic and what does that mean?
- Pure Food Essentials spices, rice, flours and seeds are all Certified Organic and we maintain our NASAA certification for your peace of mind.
- Being Certified Organic means that we guarantee that all products meet the requirements of the NASAA body which includes the Organic Trader Standard.
What treatment are PFE products exposed when entering Australian through Customs?
- There is no requirement for any products stocked by Pure Food Essentials to be irradiated or treated in anyway when entering Australia.
How do I pay for my order?
- Pure Food Essentials currently accepts payment by Paypal, Credit Card or direct debit.
How do you send my order to me?
- Depending on the size of your order we send retail products via Startrack, Australia Post or Fastway.
- Bulk orders are sent via TNT.