One Samosa gives 91 calories, Out of which carbohydrates comprise 32 calories, proteins account for 6 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 71 calories. One Samosa provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
- Click here to view Samosa recipe,
- Whether crisp and triangular, or big and conical, samosas are a universal favourite throughout the country.
- Here is the traditional gujarati “patti samosa”, which is a crispy samosa a tad different from the recipes of other regions.
- Unlike other samosas, the gujarati version does not use boiled potatoes—here, raw potatoes are chopped and allowed to cook in oil.
The use of cabbage is another distinguishing factor, as also the making of pattis with wheat flour rather than maida.
- 0.1 How many calories are in an onion samosa?
- 0.2 How many grams of fat are in a samosa?
- 0.3 How many calories does it take to burn by eating samosa?
- 0.4 How many calories in a large samosa?
- 1 Is samosa considered as a junk food?
How many calories are in an onion samosa?
5. Chicken Samosa – One small piece (30 grams) of chicken keema samosa has 129 kcal. It contains 32% carbohydrates, 9% protein, and 59% fat. Replacing aloo in samosa with chicken could increase the quantity of protein. However, eat chicken samosa in moderation as it is still high in saturated and trans fat.
|Samosa Alternatives||Calories (kcal) in 1 Small Piece (30 grams)|
|Chicken Keema Samosa||129|
|Mutton Keema Samosa||130|
|Mccain cheese corn samosa||123|
Looking for a free app to track calories? Download the Hint app
How many calories are in a samosa with potatoes and peas?
There are 308 calories in 1 regular samosa of Pastry filled with Potatoes and Peas (Fried). Calorie breakdown: 52% fat, 42% carbs, 6% protein. A small size samosa is about 240 calories, loaded with carbs, saturated fats and has no other nutrients in it.
How many grams of fat are in a samosa?
Calories in 1 regular samosa – Nutrition Facts for 1 regular samosa In a 1 regular samosa ( (1 Regular Samosa Serving) ) there are about 308 calories out of which 161 calories come from fat. The total fat content of (1 Regular Samosa Serving) 1 regular samosa is 17.86 g.
- Within the fat content, a 1 regular samosa contains 3.93 g of saturated fat, 0 g of trans fat, 7.12 g of polyunsaturated fat and 5.84 g of monounsaturated fat.
- To reduce the risk of heart diseases, it is best to consume items low in cholesterol and the cholesterol count in a (1 Regular Samosa Serving) 1 regular samosa is 9 mg.
A food item is considered high in fiber if the fiber content is over 5g. A (1 Regular Samosa Serving) 1 regular samosa contains about 1.7 g of fiber. Food items high in fiber are good and come with many health benefits. High fiber foods help in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Try to increase your daily fiber intake to at least 30 grams per day.
- When reading the nutrition facts label also pay close attention to the sodium levels.
- It’s recommended to limit your daily sodium intake to 2000 mg or 2 grams per day.
- A single (1 Regular Samosa Serving) 1 regular samosa contains about 816 mg of sodium.
Sodium causes the body to retain water and a low sodium diet helps in controlling high blood pressure and water build up. Any item containing less than 5 mg of sodium is considered a no sodium item and considered low sodium if the sodium content is below 140 mg per serving.
- Please refer to the nutrition facts label seen to the left for a full breakdown of complete nutrition found in a 1 regular samosa,
How many calories does it take to burn by eating samosa?
Tips to make samosa healthier – Here is how you can make alterations to make samosa healthier:
Don’t fry: Instead of frying the samosa and adding unnecessary oil to it, bake or air-fry it to make it healthier. Be mindful about the filling: While preparing the filling, make sure you do not add unnecessary oil to it. Use olive oil, sunflower oil instead of vegetable oil to cook it. Make the dough fibrous: Add ingredients such as semolina and whole-grain flour in the samosa to make it fibrous. Add vegetables: Make the filling wholesome by adding a variety of vegetables such as peas, mushrooms and onions along with the generic ingredient, that is, potatoes.
How many calories in a large samosa?
How many calories does one samosa have? One Samosa gives 91 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 32 calories, proteins account for 6 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 71 calories. One Samosa provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Is samosa considered as a junk food?
Samosas are most definitely junk food for all intents and purposes. A food is considered junk food if it has high content of fats, sugars, salt or calories, and low nutrient content. Samosas check every one of those boxes.
How to make perfect samosa?
- Prepare the spiced potato stuffing. Potatoes are the essential ingredient for stuffing.
- Make the samosa pastry (the crust) Making the crust needs a bit of technique. Below is my foolproof explanation.
- Wrap the stuffing with the pastry. The wrapping of stuffing might take a bit of practice to get it perfect.
How many carbs are in vegetable samosas?
Total carbs in a Vegetable Samosa is 10 (g), 3% of daily value. Sugar in a Vegetable Samosa is about 0 g and the amount of protein in a Vegetable Samosa is approximately 2 g. Please refer to the nutrition facts label seen to the left for a full breakdown of complete nutrition found in a Vegetable Samosa. FAQS.