Gluten-Free Arrowroot Biscuits. Plain and Simple.
Author: Shelley Bennetts Date Posted:26 October 2018
Here’s a very simple gluten-free Arrowroot biscuit recipe. Everyone of a ‘certain age’ remembers Arrowroot biscuits. Plain and basic, Arrowroot biscuits were a staple in my childhood home. In fact, they and Teddy Bear biscuits were our only store-bought biscuits. We had them sandwiched together with butter, wrapped in greaseproof paper and popped into our school lunch tin. Your kids will love these homemade Arrowroot biscuits, and they'll probably bring back fond memories for your parents too if they are of that 'certain age'!
1⁄4 cup butter, softened
1⁄2 cup white sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free flour
1⁄2 cup arrowroot starch/flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Grease a baking tray or line with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir the remaining dry ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Roll 1cm thick on a floured surface.
- Cut into 6 cm rounds.
- Prick or press with a fork for decoration.
- Bake at 175 degrees C. until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow a bit more baking time if rolled thicker.