Raspberry Sauce or Coulis
Author: Michelle Scott Date Posted:19 July 2021
Raspberry sauce or raspberry coulis is a fantastic option to add to your favourite cold desserts. Drizzle it over a baked cheese cake or ice cream or use it as an attractive garnish.
2 punnets or 250g of fresh raspberries
50 ml water
1tsp lemon juice
arrowroot to thicken
- Rinse the raspberries and place in a small saucepan
- Add the sugar, water and lemon juice
- Bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile mix a little arrowroot with cold water to form a slurry
For a raspberry sauce
- Add the slurry to the raspberry mix a little at a time until you have the required thickness
- Allow the sauce to cool before use.
For a raspberry coulis
- Push the raspberry mix through a fine seive with the back of a wooden spoon
- Return to heat and bring to a low simmer
- Slowly add the arrowroot slurry until you reach the desired thickness
- Remove the coulis and allow to cool.
- Pour into a sqeezy bottle.