Puffed Amaranth Granola
Author: Michelle Scott Date Posted:10 August 2020
Adding extra healthy Amaranth into your start for the morning...
1 ½ cup rolled oats
½ cup Puffed Amaranth
½ cup chopped almonds
¼ cup seeds of your choice (sesame, pepitas, sunflower, etc)
2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
Fruit to serve
Coconut yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven the 150 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl mix together the oats, puffed amaranth, nuts, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter and mix well.
- Spread the mix onto the baking sheet and cook for 15 mins.
- Loosen up the mix with a fork and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the granola is golden brown.
- Cool the granola then add to bowls with the fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt.
Store any unused granola in an airtight jar in your pantry for the next day!