Baked Sweet Potato Chips with Paprika
Author: Shelley Bennetts Date Posted:1 August 2018
These baked spiced sweet potato chips make a deliciously simple summer meal. Just toss them with fresh baby spinach, crumbled feta and some crunchy sprouts and serve with a lightly spiced aoli for dipping. Perfect with a beer on hot summer nights...Bring on Summer!
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Wash 2 large sweet potatoes under cold running water, scrubbing well to get rid of any dirt (there’s no need to peel them).
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthways, cut each half in half again lengthways, then each piece in half yet again so you end up with 8 wedges.
- Add these to a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt, some ground black pepper, and ½ a teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then toss everything together to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer in a large baking tray, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Leave to sit for a couple of minutes (this will make it easier to remove them from the tray), then use a spatula to transfer them to a serving dish.
Now, serve with a wilted spinach salad, as an accompaniament to a meal, or just kick back and snack!
TIP: Loaded Sweet Potato Fries are just the bomb!!